Back to Open Positions
We are looking for a Digital Strategist who will bring expertise in business analysis, campaign analytics, as well as strong experience in designing innovative and effective communication strategies to join our team of digital strategy experts.
You will take responsibility for helping our clients solve business challenges in a digital world. This includes optimising brand communication platforms, developing consumer insights and finding ways of building communities for our clients and campaigns planned across Africa, as well as ensuring that these platforms perform optimally and that brand and campaign targets are reached.
Here’s what the role entails
- Developing exceptional digital strategies and designing sustainable, usable services: We’ll rely on you to understand the challenges faced by our clients, and our clients’ users and apply your problem-solving mind to designing services that have an impact on the lives of those who will use these services.
- Working collaboratively with the Client Partner and Engineering teams to realise your strategies: We believe in working in multidisciplinary teams to exceed the expectations of our clients and help them to make an impact in the lives of their target market. You will need to work collaboratively with the Design, Development and Client Partner teams to ensure that strategic, business and technological objectives align.
- Communicate your ideas: Explaining your strategy to members of the team and clients will be key to ensuring that all members of a project team are aligned and have bought into your idea.
- Work as part of the strategy team to design insight-driven, innovative and effective digital strategies and services, working through all steps from opportunity identification to user experience and recruitment.
- Provide optimisation strategy and platform recommendations for services which incorporate multiple channels and technologies including responsive web, sms, USSD, voice and social networks and which take into account the challenges and differences that exist for different regions in Africa.
- Develop omni-channel digital communication strategies that help our clients connect with their users to the mutual benefit of both parties.
- Take full ownership for all strategic requirements relating to the development of strategic frameworks and services.
- Make use of appropriate measurement tools to continually assess performance or services with a view to providing Production teams and Clients with timely notification of any concerns and unique insights into use of the services.
- Provide detailed and up to date evaluations of the digital environment, as well as the competitive and resource realities of users, across Africa.
- Provide user personas and insights and liaising with the user experience team to ensure that these are taken into account in the design of the services.
- Work closely with Production teams / Clients to develop appropriate content plans for different platforms in order to deliver on campaign / brand objectives.
- Provide consumer profiles and insights and be responsible for implementing any qualitative research within the company.
- A relevant graduate or post-graduate qualification in new media, marketing, research, social sciences, communication, service design, interactive design, computer science, user experience or other relevant field
- An avid consumer of digital and social media, always in the know about the latest trends, technologies and platforms
- Focused not just on the client, but on the experience of the end user
- An enquiring problem solver, that is looking for creative and effective solutions to client business problems
- Interested in creating enduring customer relationships and long term solutions
- A creative and practical problem solver who understands the importance of measurability
- A confident communicator with deck writing and presentation skills
- Can work unsupervised in an unstructured open environment
- Excellent attention to detail and fanatical about deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
What will set you apart from other applicants?
You’re an active and passionate technophile. Creativity, resourcefulness and ability to come up with innovative solutions. You have experience in working on Pan-African or global projects. You demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in working in a multicultural setting, with multinational clients and distributed teams.
Want to join the team as a digital strategist?
We would love to speak to you. Please remember to attach your CV to the mail and include the reasons your feel you’d be well suited for the position.
Praekelt is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.