Front End Developer
Back to Open Positions
We are looking for an exceptional Front End Developer, with experience in building open source software to help us build the next generation of transformational mobile and web technologies. If you’re highly skilled with innovative, unique development ideas, and an analytical, trouble-shooting mindset, we want you to join the Praekelt development team.
- Developing a rich, responsive front end: we’ll rely on you to develop interface designs into fully functional front end experiences that are accessible across browsers and devices;
- Advocate for the end user: we have a strong engineering team that is focussed on back-end concerns (e.g. infrastructure, performance, architecture).
What will set you apart from other applicants?
- Familiarity with the concept of design systems, pattern libraries and style guides. Experience implementing them is a bonus.
- Experience with progressive web apps.
- Experience integrating complex front-ends into back-end platforms (CMS or API driven).
- Experience working in a team environment.
Desired skills and experience
- A degree in Computer Science, Multimedia or equivalent experience
- Proficient at writing clean, semantic markup
- Experience with CSS pre-processors such as SASS, LESS or Stylus.
- Experience with NodeJS task runners and build tools such as Gulp, Grunt or Webpack.
- Expertise in progressive enhancement and responsive design.
- Strong opinions and the ability to advocate for the end-user
- Experience in developing UI for feature phones
- Experience using Git for revision control, and GitHub.
- A willingness to write software that allows itself to be tested
- Passionate about front-end development and the web. Willingness to learn about emerging technologies in the space, enabling you to advise on and/or contribute new ideas to the rest of the team.
- Sees the bigger picture and must be a team-player
Want to join the team as a senior project manager?
We would love to speak to you. Please remember to attach your CV to the mail and include the reasons your feel you’d be well suited for the position.
Praekelt is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.