Senior Project Manager
Back to Open Positions
Praekelt Consulting is looking to hire a driven and experienced Project Manager with high attention to detail, to join our Production Team. The successful candidate will be involved in the roll-out of products and tools which have been designed from the ground up to support population-scale audiences in the pan-African environment.
The Project Manager is the glue that holds any project together. They own all production work associated with delivering a project or a sub-component thereof, as well as all ongoing maintenance work required to support the project in the maintenance phase. The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for managing the overall delivery of the solution, and will interact with internal and external partners, including strategy, design, content, engineering, clients and users.
Key Focus Areas
- Project documentation and administration - overall responsibility for the planning, briefing, scheduling, prioritisation, documentation and execution of all assigned projects;
- Communication - ensure effective communication within project teams to ensure that deliverables are achieved or that red flags are taken note of where necessary;
- Resource and time management - ensure that each project’s progress is monitored in terms of achieving project objectives with the most effective use of available resources and time, and that adjustments are made where necessary to keep the project on track
- Responsible for the planning, briefing, scheduling, prioritisation, documentation and execution of assigned projects from brief, assisting with budget preparation, to development, quality assurance / testing and delivery / launch
- Responsible for the creation and administration of status sheets, briefs, project plans
- Work closely with the Client Partner and Traffic Team to manage all project stakeholders and ensure that the most innovative production methods are employed
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project goals, at all times keeping the Client / Project Team, Production Manager and stakeholders informed of the project’s progress
- Create and maintain documentation, including internal and external status documents, project plans, a central filing system, client and donor reports, and timelines to ensure that projects are delivered on time, to budget and within scope
- Develop briefing documents during the project lifecycle including but not limited to scope briefing, quality assurance, testing and content requirements
- Have a deep understanding of the project’s production requirements (including the technologies we use) and work with the Praekelt Production team, as well as internal and/or external Development Teams to schedule work, define production requirements and track progress against timelines and budget
- Define and communicate priorities on tasks to ensure the most effective outcome is achieved for each project.
- Budget management
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the pro
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- In-depth knowledge of Project Management Principles
- Excellent organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong Budget Management skills
- Strong client-facing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with project management tools including JIRA
- 3-5 years experience in Project Management
- University Degree in a related subject
What will set you apart from other applicants?
Your personal resilience and being able to work autonomously. Your passionate about the digital medium – always in the know about the latest trends, technologies and platforms. Your creative and innovative approach to project and risk management, consistently working to improve processes and projects.
Want to join the team as a senior project manager?
We would love to speak to you. Please remember to attach your CV to the mail and include the reasons your feel you’d be well suited for the position.
Praekelt is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.