Back to Open Positions
We’re expanding our product team to meet with demand and we’re looking for an experienced Sales Manager to help us take our products to scale. Your experience in selling digital solutions to clients across Africa, together with your knowledge of business models and your comfort in working independently will make you an ideal candidate for this position.
Key Focus Areas
- Financial - ensure the profitability of the business by reaching and exceeding product sales targets;
- Product Sales - work closely with the product teams to package solutions for clients and roll-out a suite of products to scale;
- Marketing - represent Praekelt’s successes and new products to clients in order to build the company’s reputation and secure additional business.
- Take overall responsibility for all product sales, including business development, client discovery and preparing deals for the Praekelt suite of products;
- Work with the Product Leads to implement the relevant sales strategy and targets for the Praekelt suites of products, ensuring that business objectives (in terms of market penetration and revenue) are met;
- Work with CEO and Head of Business to identify new business opportunities;
- Manage RFP’s and new business pitches, collaborating with relevant teams where necessary;
- Follow up on pitch meetings to ensure that deals are closed;
- Prepare the initial cost estimates for product sales, ensuring that costing models are appropriate for the work to be delivered;
- Track revenue against targets on a regular basis to ensure that targets are met, and where possible, exceeded;
- Manage relationships with new clients up to the point where PO’s are issued (at which point they are handed over to Business teams);
- Build and mentor a product sales team.
- 5 years of sales experience with specific expertise in selling software;
- Excellent verbal and written skills with experience creating clear, persuasive and thoughtful proposals and costings;
- Comfort with or willingness to learn about technology;
- Persistence and dependability in following through on deals and contracts;
- Excellent organizational skills and willingness to document processes;
- An extensive business network in South Africa, ideally with a network in West Africa;
- Ability to negotiate and formalize contracts;
- Analytical skills to help identify stakeholder needs;
The Sales Manager will work very closely with our Head of Business and CEO, as well as the Product Teams. This role has a large amount of autonomy, so applicants should be entrepreneurial in nature and comfortable managing their own work schedule. Please send us your CV and cover letter telling us about your experience and why you think you’re a good match.
Want to join the team as a sales manager?
We would love to speak to you. Please remember to attach your CV to the mail and include the reasons your feel you’d be well suited for the position.
Praekelt is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.