Senior User Experience Designer
Back to Open Positions
What we are looking for:
- Strong portfolio and elevated sense of design: you know the difference between “good” and “great” and are able to work through team dynamics, clients and timelines to deliver excellent design
- Systems thinking: you can logically visualize complex systems, information architectures, user interaction flows and beautiful user interfaces.
- User centered perspective: You understand and can articulate a human-centered approach to design and be comfortable going out into the world for inspiration.
- Prototyping skills: You are ready to learn from failure, embrace an iterative process and you understand that success comes sooner with trial and error. You have experience in creating both low and high fidelity design deliverables.
- Team skills: You work best in a participatory, team-based environment. You support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of all aspects of interaction design deliverables.
- Communication skills: You have strong verbal and visual presentation skills. You demonstrate a clear “point‐of‐view” relating to their design. You understand the value of design and brand within a business context.
- Consulting chops: You should feel comfortable throughout all phases of a project, from translating verbal ideas into visual concepts, through design development and refinement, to creating production-ready artwork.
- Openness: Designers need to be flexible and open-minded, especially working in a start-up office. Successful candidates are optimistic, generative, and open the new ideas and ways of working.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree education in Interaction Design, New Media, or professional equivalent
- At least four to five years experience in a design studio or creative consultancy
- Be self-directed toward excellent work outcomes, comfort level in ambiguous, non-rules based environments
- Excellent discretion, demonstrating sound judgment in dealing with confidential dialogues and information
- Ability to travel occasionally
Praekelt values people who are optimistic, collaborative, who take ownership, embrace ambiguity, talk less do more, can learn from failure, and have the want to make others successful.
If you have a fresh perspective on your area of focus, identify with our values and would love to contribute to our studio – we would love to see your CV and portfolio.
Praekelt is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.