Senior UX Designer
Back to Open Positions
If you're a creative thinker with a strong portfolio and a passion for designing beautiful, unique and thoughtful digital user experiences, we should talk.
We are looking for candidates with both breadth and key areas of focused expertise. Our ideal candidates have experience in executing and working with teams through concept ideation, UI concepting/wireframing, information architectures, flows and UX strategy, and working across multiple mediums.
What we are looking for....
- Strong portfolio and elevated sense of design: you know the difference between “good” and “great” and are able to work through team dynamics, clients and timelines to deliver excellent design
- Systems thinking: you can logically visualize complex systems, information architectures, user interaction flows and beautiful user interfaces.
- User centered perspective: You understand and can articulate a human-centered approach to design and be comfortable going out into the world for inspiration.
- Prototyping skills: You are ready to learn from failure, embrace an iterative process and you understand that success comes sooner with trial and error. You have experience in creating both low and high fidelity design deliverables.
- Team skills: You work best in a participatory, team-based environment. You support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of all aspects of interaction design deliverables.
- Communication skills: You have strong verbal and visual presentation skills. You demonstrate a clear “point‐of‐view” relating to their design. You understand the value of design and brand within a business context.
- Consulting skills: You should feel comfortable throughout all phases of a project, from translating verbal ideas into visual concepts, through design development and refinement, to creating production-ready artwork.
- Openness: Designers need to be flexible and open-minded, especially working in a start-up office. Successful candidates are optimistic, generative, and open the new ideas and ways of working.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree education in Interaction Design, New Media, or professional equivalent
- At least four to five years experience in a design studio or creative consultancy
- Be self-directed toward excellent work outcomes, comfort level in ambiguous, non-rules based environments
- Excellent discretion, demonstrating sound judgment in dealing with confidential dialogues and information
- Ability to travel occasionally
What will set you apart from other applicants?
You care. You're honest. You imagine. You're a thinker and a doer. You learn from failure. You practice empathetic design.
Want to join the team as a senior UX designer?
We would love to speak to you. Please remember to attach your CV and portfolio to the mail and include the reasons your feel you’d be well suited for the position.
Praekelt is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.